Wednesday, June 9, 2010

First Day Ever in Raleigh

So it is almost the end of my first day here in Raleigh. Man has it been a whirl wind!! I got in at about 9:30am, straight to get coffee, then pick up my bag, rental car, hotel, quick shower then lunch interview with an agency. They have the perfect job for me. Only God could work this out so well. It is a staff accountant job at a telecommunications company in Cary. They wanted someone with a degree (check), telecomm experience (check), Great Plains experience (check) plus one of their main vendors is one I deal with on a daily basis in my current job. Seriously how could you look at this and not say it was all already figured out for me :) Tomorrow I am also meeting with Anne and John. I am really really excited to meet them! Anyhow after the interview I was exhausted. I didn't sleep well on the plane. So I went to the grocery store and picked up some stuff then back to the hotel room. Of course had to call mom and dad to let them know how everything had gone then it was nap time. Man it was hard to get up but I know that I had to. Now I am going to hang out with a high school friend of mine that I found out lived down here after I had decided to move. So that should be good. It is nice to know at least 1 person in the state :) The area is really really pretty (well what I have seen of it so far) it is a lot more green then I thought it would be. Why I didn't think it would be green I don't know. Everything is pretty spread out so it doesn't feel like a city really at all. I am sure once I see more of it that might change but it is still really nice. Tomorrow I get to see Durham. I had planned going out there today but the need for sleep won out. (not that it was a huge struggle). So that is all for today. I wish that I was staying through Sunday so I could go to church at The Summit and meet the community group but I will be out here again in a few weeks so not a huge deal. I am amazed with how God is providing! Jesus is SO amazing!!!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome, Steph!! God is wonderful and works all sorts of things. :) Who knows what He has for you, but we know it's good.

    ReplyDelete