Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The Start of the Journey

So I have to admit that I never thought that I would be writing a blog. It is not something that I have really ever thought about. Mostly I am not that entertaining and really neither is my life. But alas I am getting ready to start an entire new chapter that is both exciting and nerve racking at the same time. So I figure this is the easiest way to keep everyone updated on my adventures. I guess the best place to start is the begining. After being sick for 3 years I got a little off track with what I wanted to do and who I was really. But then I found my faith again. So I will tell you know that if you are one of those people that has a problem with "God talk" this is not the place for you. Because this is all about God. God steered me back to him and I seriously have never been happier. So now following God I am on my way to Raleigh/Durham North Carolina! Crazy!! It all started in December after I took the LSAT for the 2nd time. I had a slim chance of getting into a law school in Washington State so I started looking at where I could go. I was looking at Durham, New York, or California. Well then a couple came to my church group from Durham. So that was one sign saying this is where you are suppose to go. Then I did some more research and it sounded great!! I had a church and community group and a school. Now I needed the money to move across the country. Then in May I got all the money I needed within 2 weeks. Now I am sitting waiting for my airplane to go to Raleigh. I have a possible 2 bedroom apartment on a private country estate (the estate is shared with an older couple) and a job that is a perfect fit for me making what I currently make. There is no way all of this would be possible without the hand of God. I really can't wait to get to Raleigh and explore everything. I have 2 interviews with agencies and 1 client interview. Then meeting with John and Anne about the apartment. I have to admit that I like them already. It helps that they like me already without meeting me too. So that makes them good people in my book :) There is so much to do in Durham! It helps that everything is new. So for now I can just type about how excited I am to finally see the place! So for now I will just enjoy my wine at the airport and write more once I have more to write about :)

2 comments:

  1. So excited for you and to see where God is leading you. What an awesome testimony this is to obeying God's commands via the Holy Spirit in your life. Love you!

    ReplyDelete